Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

KIMCHI

Have any one heard kimchi or even try it already? My mom says that kimchi is realy good, just like the taste of baguung or ginamus in visayan ( anchovies) in english. My mother's friend was the one introduced it to her. I heard that once in awhile here but I haven't try it yet and not even interested about it, until my mom mentioned it to me. since then I am curious what the taste of kimchi.If not all know what is Kimchi... it is zesty Korean staple because korean love zesty delicacies, and kimchi is perhaps thier favorite. And like what my mom said, a meal of her friend is incomplete without kimchi. But what really is kimchi? well, this is part of the internatinal family of picled vegetables. It is similar to sauerkraut of germany, ohh I love it with hotdogs, in other words kimchi is like atchara and pickled mostly we recognized.I have to try this! I need to go to a asian market to get one. But it's kinda distance to us here so it needs to have an appointment to go there hehe!I wanted to make my own since I found a recipe from an old magazined it's not that hard to gather but I think its' complicated to make.

Here are the basic Ingredient

1 pound chinese cobbage

2 tbsp salt4cups of cold H2o

2cups very hot H2o


Seasonings

1tbsp finely chopped garlic

1tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger

1tbsp finely chopped scallions

2tsp finely chopped dried red pepper

2tsp sugar1tbsp salt


Preparation: Separate the cabbage leaves, and sprinkle them with salt. Pour in cold water, and allow the mixture to stand in a cool place for 8hours or overnight. Rince cobbage well and squeeze the excess liquid. Pour very hot water over the seasonings mix well. Combine with cobbage leaves. Put the combination into large glass bowl. optional cutting the leaves to make them fit. Cover with plastic wrap, and leave in a cool place for about 2days. Drain the leaves, and cut them into bite size pieces. And the rest just pack into jar for ready to serve.


Sounds really yummy! I love this kinda food.

0 comments: